Card payments are a very common and popular payment method. The contactless card is one of the latest technological innovations in the field of card payments. Thanks to contactless payment technology, payments are now faster, easier, more convenient and more secure.
In recent years, more and more people have been choosing the bank card as the primary means of payment for two main reasons:
- Bank card payment is accepted almost everywhere. Today, almost all traders, from small shops, through online merchants, to large retail chains, accept card payments. The forecasts are that in the near future you can pay absolutely everything and everywhere by your bank card;
- Bank card payment is safer and more convenient than any other payment methods. The contactless payment technology has greatly facilitated the bank card payment process and is another additional advantage of the bank card over the other payment methods. Contactless payments save you time and contribute to more pleasant shopping experiences and emotions.
The contactless card is just as any other bank card, except that it is equipped with an innovative technology that allows for contactless payments. The contactless card has a built-in computer chip and RF antenna to effect contactless payments. The size, shape and vision of the contactless card are identical to those of the standard bank card. Each contactless card is indicated by the symbol . If you see this symbol, you can pay contactlessly now:
Tap your card near the card reader. When the light turns green and you hear the beep, the payment is complete.
For amounts of up to BGN 50: just tap the card near the card reader.
For amounts over BGN 50: you should also enter your PIN.
If the symbol is not displayed on your bank card, it means you cannot make contactless payments with it. In this case, it is enough to visit a CCB office and request the replacement of your bank card by a contactless one and you will be able to take advantage of all the additional advantages and benefits of contactless payments.
For contactless payments with your CCB card for small and large purchases in retail outlets, look for the contactless payment symbol.
At each cash desk in a retail outlet where you find the contactless payment symbol, you can pay by simply tapping the card near the card reader. If you do not see the symbol, you can pay by the standard way – by inserting the card into the chip reader of the POS device and entering the PIN.
Because they are fast
- Fast payment and less queuing make shopping a real pleasure;
- Payments by contactless cards are even faster than cash payments. You simply tap your contactless card near the POS display and you have already paid for your purchases. Do not waste time on banknote counting, do not waste time waiting for the change. Everything happens in seconds.
Because they are easy and convenient
- You do not have to worry about having enough cash for your purchase, you do not have to wait at the cash desk for your change or POS receipt, nor to sign on the POS receipts;
- You can use your contactless card anywhere. Pay at retail outlets, on the Internet, or withdraw cash at ATMs. The contactless card is the same as any other bank card, but the payment with it is effected instantaneously. Daily payments for small purchases such as breakfast, coffee, newspapers, etc. turn from annoying details into a pleasant moment.
- Based on the encryption technology, the contactless card has the same high level of security as the standard bank card;
- A big advantage with regard to the security of contactless card payments is that you do not have to provide your card to the cashier at the points of sale when making a payment. You simply tap your contactless card near the POS display and you have already paid. You have complete control over the entire payment process because the card remains in your hands during payment;
- The money in your bank card is more secure than the cash in your wallet. In case of a lost or stolen card, the risk of misuse is minimal. In such a situation, it is important to immediately call the 24-hour phones * 5050, 02/92 66 500 or 0889 934 694 to block your card. In this way, you will take the necessary measures to protect yourself from misuse and you will be able to use your funds again;
- There is no reason to worry about making unintended payments at a distance using the contactless card. To make a successful transaction using the contactless card, you need to tap the card near the POS device at a distance of less than 3 cm. When a POS transaction is successful, the device flashes and beeps to inform you that you have made the payment.
- You will not be billed twice if you accidentally hold your card on the POS for more than the time required. Once executed, the payment cannot be unintentionally duplicated as the transaction is already completed. A re-payment can only be made if the cashier initiates a new POS transaction;
- The contactless payment technology has greatly facilitated the bank card payment process and is another additional advantage of the bank card over the other payment methods. Contactless payments save you time and contribute to more pleasant shopping experiences and emotions.